I almost got the rental car towed 5 minutes after I picked it up. After I picked it up I went to go get Dad and the luggage. He was on the second level curb but that level would only allow commercial vehicles so I went to the level planning to run downstairs and grab him. There were lots of signs posted saying "Unattended Vehicles will be Towed Immediatly". Since all airports post that I didn't think it was a big deal. Plus no one was around so who would see me anyway. I ran downstairs to tell Dad I was upstairs, grabbed some luggage and ran upstairs only to see flashing lights (I was gone maybe 2 minutes). I ran to the car, apologized, and made up some sob story. She told me the tow truck was on its way and she was writing me a ticket. I apologized again, jumped in the car, and drove off before she finished the ticket. Sorry I didn't get any pictures, I was in a hurry.
My bike and me at the airport. My front tire got bent a little but other than that, the bike survived the trip.
Hey, I didn't hear that story!!! I'm glad you escaped a ticket. That would not be the ideal way to begin your trip. Too bad your wheel got bent...I guess that's why they don't insure "anything in a cardboard box." :) I'm so proud of you! Good luck!
ReplyDelete