Sunday, June 20, 2010

Day 3: Ichetucknee Springs to Madison, FL

Daily Stats:
Daily Miles: 71.1
Time: 5 hrs 16 mins
Total Distance: 202

We rode through some more of rural Florida. We saw some farms and lots of green. There wasn't much traffic and the weather was in the mid-90's. While riding we saw a brand new Escalade parked in front of a mobile home (they were probably visiting) and a truck with a front license plate that read "Willkillya County".




This is one of the many modified school buses we saw. I know it is hard to see but the windows are taken out and it is retrofitted to haul watermelons.
Checking for alligators.

Some Florida farmland.


Rural Florida river (no alligators, we checked).

Another turtle we found attempting to cross the road. This one was a little bigger than the last one we found. Dad was drag racing his helmet against the turtle.

2 comments:

  1. I enjoy the updates. Farmland isn't the first thing I think of when I think of Florida ~ thanks for the reminder that Florida isn't just beaches, cruise ships, and Mickey's World :) Continue to be safe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you two are out for an adventure! Look forward to living vicariously! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete