Thursday, June 17, 2010

Day 2: Melrose to Ichetucknee Springs

Daily Stats:
Daily Miles: 72.2 Miles
Time: 5 hrs 15 mins
Total Distance: 130 miles


Today we rode though Gainesville and saw at least 250 University of Florida bumper stickers, shirts, painted mail boxes, and flags around town. We also saw multiple yellow school buses modified as pickup trucks and watermelon haulers.




I woke up in the morning to find an ant farm in my bike bags. You can see the ants coming into my bag and leaving with my lunch. They had somehow gotten inside 2 closed ziplock bags, 1 bread loaf bag, and the peanut butter. Ever had that feeling that ants are crawling all over you?

This is my food in the garbage with the ants still chowing down. Keep in mind they are all inside the bag.

McDonalds in Gainsville with their Wednesday special: 49 cent hamburgers and 69 cent cheeseburgers. We came on the right day.

Dad fixing a flat on the trailer while I watch and take pictures.



1 comment:

  1. Ok, I probably shouldn't complain about the ants at Holly's house...that is WAY worse. :( I'm sorry they ruined your PB&J. And wasted 2 hours of your time. They are creepy little bugs. Yet another reason I LOVE Barrow. NO BUGS!!!

    ReplyDelete